Apple has officially joined the Figma Community and announced the first official design kit for Figma with iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 resources.
This week, Apple held a key event of its highly anticipated Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2023, captivating audienceswith a multitude of announcements. Among the highlights were the unveiling of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17. Furthermore, Apple delighted designers by launching its own design kit with iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 resources, and also officially joined the Figma Community.
The design kit includes:
- Comprehensive set of components, from Alerts to Widgets and everything in between
- Home Screen and Lock Screen widget templates
- Notification design templates
- Templates for tabbed apps, parent / child apps, split views, and sheets
- Full dynamic type chart with accessibility sizes
- Built in iOS system colors, materials, text styles and vibrancy effects
Apple promises to release even more resources in the coming weeks and months as the macOS Sonoma, watchOS 10, tvOS 17, and visionOS libraries are added. This is great news for designers as they no longer need to recreate Apple assets in Figma themselves.
Figma also showed concern for designers using Apple devices recently by releasing the FigJam software for iPadOS. In addition, the company is actively working on a more powerful version of its primary iPad app.
Later this month, Figma will host its annual Config conference in San Francisco. Read more about it on our website: