Telegram has introduced a new Power Saving Mode and Read Time feature
The popular messaging app Telegram has released a new update version 9.5. However, so far only for Android.
The popular messaging app Telegram has released a new update version 9.5. However, so far only for Android. If you're on iOS, you'll have to wait for Apple to finish reviewing this update. The highlight of the update is a new power-saving mode, which is designed to help users save battery life on their devices. Here we briefly describe all the novelties.
Power saving mode
- Now users have the opportunity to disable certain animations and visual effects in the settings.
- Switch to power saving mode or disable autoplay, animations or effects separately in Settings > Power saving.
- Disabling effects will save battery power and improve performance on less powerful devices.
- The power saving mode can be set to turn on automatically when the battery charge drops below a specified value.
- For the application on Android, the optimal settings are selected by default.
Read time for messages in small groups
- In groups of up to 100 participants, you can now see the time when the messages were read by each of the participants.
- In addition, now you can see the time when your message was reacted to with emoji.
Setting the playback speed
- Now videos, podcasts, voice and video messages can be played at any speed from 0.2x to 2.5x using the slider.
- To fine-tune the speed of voice and video messages, hold the playback speed icon.
- To change the video playback speed, just click on the icon with three dots and select the "Speed" item in the menu that appears.
- If, when trying to invite a user to a group, it turns out that he has forbidden it, you can immediately send him a message with an invitation link.
- To choose who can add you to groups directly, just go to Settings > Privacy > Groups & Channels.
- Sort sticker packs by usage time.
- Create a group without invited members (Android).
- Mark all chats in a folder as read (iOS).
- Use folders to quickly find the desired chat when forwarding messages (iOS).
- Call confirmation window (Desktop).
- View media in a separate window (Desktop).
- 10 new sets of animated emoji from Telegram artists are presented.
- Interactive versions of emoji, also available as reactions: 👾, 😡, 😎, 🤷♀️, 🤷, 🤷♂️.
- More than 400 known bugs in Telegram application for different platforms fixed.
Read more about each new feature on the official Telegram website.